3/29/09

"I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm,"

Jon hates his hair. Everyone who hears this can't believe it because he has such cool hair. It's the old grass is always greener argument. Last night my 12 year old niece got enough hair tools for her birthday to open a salon. One tool was a flat iron. Jessie was just itching to try out her new devices and when she asked Jon if he wanted his hair straightened, I could see the light in his eyes erupt. "Straight hair is not a myth, I have seen it!"
So it began and Jesse went to work on Jon.
I didn't think it was possible but she got it straight.
After that, things got a little silly.
I still love him, maybe more than he wants.
By the way, I think this is the obligatory Hendrix perm Roger Waters was talking about.

2 comments:

Kevie Baby said...

I love you, Kevin. You are good dad. Blessings on you and your brood!

gg said...

He'll love his hair when he's playing bass in a rock band when he gets older.

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists. " -Hedley Lamarr