9/3/11

Good parents have happy kids

At the Marina, Labor Day 2011

Today is sort of a gloomy, overcast day.  Summer is winding down, the kids start school soon.  They have been spending quite a bit of time together lately and get along as well as you could expect them to.  We were lingering around downtown,  I was listening to them squabble about everything and anything.  The only thing they could agree on is that they were both hungry, although the range and intensity of the hunger was still a hotly debated issue.  I sat down on a bench and got out my camera/phone/tether.  I told Jon and Anny we weren't getting anything to eat until I got a picture that looked like they love each other.  I spent the next ten minutes playing Angry Birds while they groused about who was the bigger brat or something like that.  Either way, the picture you see is what good parenting looks like. We also had hot wings. I think I'm going to build a Skinner Box.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did get a kick out of it, and think you are a very patient parent! (I could take lessons!)
--Amy

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists. " -Hedley Lamarr